https://teaching.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Uxd_Blk_AdvOfTeaching_B-copy-1-455x200.png 0 0 Ginger Kan https://teaching.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Uxd_Blk_AdvOfTeaching_B-copy-1-455x200.png Ginger Kan2020-08-05 17:03:062023-02-27 10:42:06Dodd 121
|Video Playback:||DVD & Blu-ray|
|Sound System:||Voice & Media|
|Live Stream Capable:||Yes|
|Recording:||Audio / Video|
CLICK HERE FOR THE SEATING LAYOUT OF THIS ROOM.
- A Projector is installed in the room. It can project either video or data.
- A Classroom Computer is installed at the media cabinet. The computer has a Touch Screen monitor – there is an icon in the lower right bar to activate a virtual keyboard.
- Both VGA and HDMI cables are available on the lectern for laptop connection.
- If a laptop does not have either of these outputs, you will need to bring an adapter to use the data projector.
- A DVD / Blu-ray player is located in the lectern at the front of the room.
- A VHS player is available for checkout from Audio Visual Services.
- A document camera is installed at the lectern.
- The unit can function as either an overhead camera or a transparency projector.
- The room is designed for Wireless Network Access for all students and faculty.
- There is also an Ethernet jack available on the media cabinet for wired connections. Instructors would need to bring their own Ethernet cable and the appropriate adapter for their device.
- The Classroom Computer has its own wired connection and is already configured to the Classroom network.
- For instructions on connecting to the Internet with a wired connection, visit the Classroom Network section.
- Wireless lavalier microphones are available for check out, either on a daily or quarterly basis.
- There is one microphone input (XLR) available at the media cabinet.
- An audio cable is installed with the VGA cable for laptop support.
- Inputs are present at the media cabinet to plug in additional media devices (cassette players, video cameras, etc.).
Live Stream & Web Conference
- This classroom is equipped with a camera mounted in the ceiling, and it is connected to the installed Classroom Computer. The room’s wireless microphone system also transmits to the computer. A remote control to control the camera is available at the front of the room.
- By launching a Zoom meeting from the Classroom Computer, the instructor can either live stream a class, record, or both. For more information, please visit the Live Stream & Web-Conference webpage.
- This classroom is equipped to allow either video or audio podcasting. To request recording services, please visit the BruinCast admin webpage. For questions and information regarding the service, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.