https://teaching.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Uxd_Blk_AdvOfTeaching_B-copy-1-455x200.png 0 0 Ginger Kan https://teaching.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Uxd_Blk_AdvOfTeaching_B-copy-1-455x200.png Ginger Kan2020-08-05 17:03:502023-02-27 10:42:17Dodd 146
|Video Playback:||DVD & Blu-ray|
|Sound System:||Voice & Media|
|Live Stream Capable:||Yes|
- A Projector is installed in the room. It can project either video or data.
- A Classroom Computer is installed at the media cabinet. The computer has a Touch Screen monitor – there is an icon in the lower right bar to activate a virtual keyboard.
- Both VGA and HDMI cables are available on the lectern for laptop connection.
- If a laptop does not have either of these outputs, you will need to bring an adapter to use the data projector.
- A DVD / Blu-ray player is located in the lectern at the front of the room.
- A VHS player is available for checkout from Audio Visual Services.
- A document camera is installed at the lectern.
- The unit can function as either an overhead camera or a transparency projector.
- The room is designed for Wireless Network Access for all students and faculty.
- There is also an Ethernet jack available on the media cabinet for wired connections. Instructors would need to bring their own Ethernet cable and the appropriate adapter for their device.
- The Classroom Computer has its own wired connection and is already configured to the Classroom network.
- For instructions on connecting to the Internet with a wired connection, visit the Classroom Network section.
- Wireless lavalier microphones are available for check out, either on a daily or quarterly basis.
- There is one microphone input (XLR) available at the media cabinet.
- An audio cable is installed with the VGA cable for laptop support.
- Inputs are present at the media cabinet to plug in additional media devices (cassette players, video cameras, etc.).
Live Stream & Web Conference
- This classroom is equipped with a camera mounted in the ceiling, and it is connected to the installed Classroom Computer. The room’s wireless microphone system also transmits to the computer. A remote control to control the camera is available at the front of the room.
- By launching a Zoom meeting from the Classroom Computer, the instructor can either live stream a class, record, or both. For more information, please visit the Live Stream & Web-Conference webpage.