https://teaching.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Uxd_Blk_AdvOfTeaching_B-copy-1-455x200.png 0 0 Ginger Kan https://teaching.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Uxd_Blk_AdvOfTeaching_B-copy-1-455x200.png Ginger Kan2020-08-05 17:49:032023-02-27 09:31:43Fowler A139
|Video Playback:||DVD & VHS|
|Sound System:||Voice & Media|
|Live Stream Capable:||Yes|
CLICK HERE FOR THE SEATING LAYOUT OF THIS ROOM.
Room is not available for use after 5pm
- A Projector is installed in the ceiling. It can project either video or data.
- A VGA Cable is available on the media cabinet for laptop connection.
- Laptops that have only DVI output will need their own adapter to connect to the VGA cable.
- A Classroom Computer is installed at the media cabinet.
- Both DVD and VHS decks are located in the media cabinet at the front of the room.
- An auxiliary video input (RCA) is available for additional video devices.
- The room is designed for Wireless Network Access for all students and faculty.
- There is also an Ethernet jack available on the media cabinet for wired connections. Instructors would need to bring their own Ethernet cable and the appropriate adapter for their device.
- The Classroom Computer has its own wired connection and is already configured to the Classroom network.
- For instructions on connecting to the Internet with a wired connection, visit the Classroom Network section.
- This room is equipped with a voice amplification system with a ceiling microphone system. The microphone will capture sound from the front of the room. No wireless microphone is necessary in this classroom.
- There is only one microphone input (XLR) at the media cabinet.
- An audio cable is installed with the VGA cable for laptop support.
- Inputs are present at the media cabinet to plug in additional media devices (cassette players, video cameras, etc.).
Live Streaming & Web-Conferencing
- This classroom is equipped with a camera to allow for live streaming and web-conferencing. The camera is connected to the installed classroom computer and can be accessed through Zoom. The room’s ceiling microphone system transmits to the computer as well, so the instructor needs to just launch a Zoom session from the computer. To control the camera, AVS can provide a remote control. For more information, please visit the Live Stream & Web-Conference webpage.
- This classroom is equipped to allow audio podcasting. To request recording services, please visit the BruinCast admin webpage. For questions and information regarding the service, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two slide projectors are located in the very back of the room.
- The projectors do not have their own trays – these must either be supplied by the instructor or can be checked out from AVS.
- A remote control is attached to the movable podium at the front of the room.
- A transparency projector has been permanently assigned to this room.