https://teaching.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Uxd_Blk_AdvOfTeaching_B-copy-1-455x200.png 0 0 Ginger Kan https://teaching.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Uxd_Blk_AdvOfTeaching_B-copy-1-455x200.png Ginger Kan2020-08-06 14:15:212023-10-02 09:32:08Physics & Astronomy 1425
|Data Projection:||Multiple Projection|
|Video Playback:||Input Only|
|Sound System:||Voice & Media|
|Live Stream Capable:||Yes|
|BruinCast Recording:||Video & Audio|
- Three projectors are installed that can project either video or data. One projector projects on the center screen and two other units project onto separate left and right side screens.
- Sound support is only capable through media shown through the center projector. The left and right projections always display the same image.
- A Classroom Computer is installed at the media cabinet. The computer has a Touch Screen monitor – there is an icon in the lower right bar to activate a virtual keyboard.
- Both VGA and HDMI cables are available on the media cabinet for laptop connection. Currently, the HDMI signal only projects through the center projector.
- If a laptop does not have either of these outputs, you will need to bring an adapter to use the data projector.
- An HDMI cable and an auxiliary video input (RCA) are available for additional video devices.
- DVD and/or VHS players are available for checkout from Audio Visual Services.
- A document camera is installed at the lab bench.
- The unit can function as either an overhead camera or a transparency projector.
- The room is designed for Wireless Network Access for all students and faculty.
- There is also an Ethernet jack available on the media cabinet for wired connections. Instructors would need to bring their own Ethernet cable and the appropriate adapter for their device.
- The Classroom Computer has its own wired connection and is already configured to the Classroom network.
- For instructions on connecting to the Internet with a wired connection, visit the Classroom Network section.
- Wireless lavalier microphones are available for check out, either on a daily or quarterly basis.
- There is one microphone input (XLR) available at the media cabinet.
- The Classroom Computer and auxiliary input are already connected to the system for sound support.
- An audio cable is installed with the VGA cable for laptop support.
Live Stream & Web Conference
- This classroom is equipped with a camera mounted in the ceiling, and it is connected to the installed Classroom Computer. The room’s wireless microphone system also transmits to the computer. A remote control to control the camera is available at the front of the room.
- By launching a Zoom meeting from the Classroom Computer, the instructor can either live stream a class, record, or both. For more information, please visit the Live Stream & Web-Conference webpage.
- This classroom is equipped to allow either video recordings and/or audio podcasting. To request recording services, please visit the BruinCast admin webpage. For questions and information regarding the service, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- A transparency projector has been permanently assigned to this room.