TA Training Workshop: How Students Learn
Register now! This workshop gives an overview of how students learn and teaching techniques that will help your students achieve their goals. Examine why material you’ve learned has stuck with you and the best ways to help your students hold onto the content you teach. We will discuss the merits of student-centered instruction and when to use it in your classrooms. Our focus will be on practical application.
Whether you are currently TAing or would like to TA in the future, please join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom in our small-group, hands-on workshops. Click the “Register Now” button to reserve your space. If the session is full, please email Jennifer MacGregor at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can accommodate you. We look forward to working with you!
Future TA Training Workshops
- Thursday, April 19, 4–5:30 p.m.—improved Communication for the Multicultural Classroom
- Tuesday, April 24, 4–5:30 p.m.—Teaching Humanities & Social Sciences Writing
- Wednesday, April 25, 12:30–2 p.m.—Active Learning Strategies for STEM Discussion Sections
- Tuesday, May 15, 12:30–1:45 p.m.—Stress & Anxiety Toolkit
- Wednesday, May 16, 12:30–2 p.m.—Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Tuesday, May 22, 4–5:30 p.m.—Creating Inclusive Classrooms
- Wednesday, May 23, 12:30–2 p.m.—Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning