TA Training Workshop: Teaching Humanities & Social Sciences Writing
Register now! TAs are often expected to assign and evaluate student writing. This session will prepare TAs to help students navigate the writing process. Participants will learn methods to help clarify writing assignments and teach students how to articulate their ideas most effectively. Topics will include how to build to a long writing project with shorter assignments, maintaining student-centered writing instructions, and dealing with plagiarism.
Whether you are currently TAing or would like to TA in the future, please join us to learn new strategies and skills for the classroom in our small-group, hands-on workshops. Click the “Register Now” button to reserve your space. If the session is full, please email Jennifer MacGregor at email@example.com to see if we can accommodate you. We look forward to working with you!
Future TA Training Workshops
- Wednesday, April 25, 12:30–2 p.m.—Active Learning Strategies for STEM Discussion Sections
- Tuesday, May 15, 12:30–1:45 p.m.—Stress & Anxiety Toolkit
- Wednesday, May 16, 12:30–2 p.m.—Assessment & Grading: Measuring Student Achievement in the Classroom
- Tuesday, May 22, 4–5:30 p.m.—Creating Inclusive Classrooms
- Wednesday, May 23, 12:30–2 p.m.—Nuts & Bolts of Lesson Planning