Prior to the 2021-2022 academic year, over a hundred GA classrooms were installed with cameras that communicate with the classroom’s installed computer and easily allow instructors to record, live stream, and interact with remote students.
To live stream or web-conference from a room with a camera, instructors should take the following steps:
- A UCLA Login ID. To access the Internet from a classroom, you will need to authenticate using your UCLA ID. You will also probably need this account to log into Zoom.
- Zoom Account. The Zoom software is installed on all classroom computers, but instructors will need to use their own accounts to either start or join meetings. If recording, “Record to the Cloud” must be selected.
- Wireless Microphone. The classroom’s PA system is connected to the classroom computer and can provide a direct audio signal to the Zoom meeting. Please note, wireless microphones are not provided in rooms and need to be reserved and checked out beforehand.
- Camera Remote Control. The camera has a remote control that controls the camera movement and can store up to two presets.
Who do I contact for more information?
- Go to the following link for more detailed instructions on how to operate the classroom AV equipment with the Zoom application on the installed computer. Please contact the Audio Visual Services department at email@example.com if you’d like more information.