This workshop from the UCLA Center for the Advancement of Teaching offers hands-on exploration of strategies for using technology to foster active learning and student engagement in remote courses. Participants will learn how to maximize the use of Zoom breakout rooms and gain practical experience with online polling and a variety of digital collaboration tools. Attendees will leave the workshop having identified concrete action steps for transitioning activities and assignments they typically use face-to-face for remote environments.
- Reflect on your current pedagogical practices and teaching goals.
- Explore remote teaching strategies that promote engagement, enhance learning, and foster an inclusive environment for all students.
- Experience using strategies that encourage interactivity and engagement during live synchronous Zoom sessions.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Implement active learning strategies in a remote environment.
- Transition in-class activities to remote exercises by incorporating the resources introduced in this workshop.
- Access further support for teaching and learning in synchronous and asynchronous remote environments.
RESOURCES FEATURED DURING THIS WORKSHOP