AVS provides equipment and training on equipment at no cost for undergraduate courses, provided that the equipment complements or enhances the lecture during the scheduled class time. Please note that AVS charges a fee for equipment used for purposes other than undergraduate instruction.
All requests for equipment and services require a Financial Service Number (aka Department Code) and a Departmental Recharge ID. This information is used for booking purposes, even if there is no charge. Some departments have requested that only authorized staff be allowed to place orders – please check with your department to see if they have that policy.
If you wish to use AVS equipment or services and you are not with a UCLA department, such as a registered student group or an outside organization, then you can contact the UCLA Events Office to see if they can make a reservation for you. UCLA Events can be reached at email@example.com.
UNDERGRADUATE AND UCLA COLLEGE GRADUATE COURSES
AVS provides equipment and training on equipment at no cost for undergraduate courses, provided that the equipment complements or enhances the lecture during the scheduled class time.
Graduate courses within the UCLA College of Letters & Science follow the same policies as for undergraduate courses; the department is not charged for equipment.
Graduate courses in professional schools are billed for equipment and any labor. See below for Charged Services.
The professional schools are as follows:
- School of Management
- School of the Arts and Architecture
- School of Dentistry
- Graduate School of Education and Information Studies
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Public Health
- School of Public Affairs
- School of Theater, Film and Television
Requests for AVS equipment or services for other than classroom instruction as described above are not subsidized. Services include meetings, conferences, Summer Session and Extension courses.
To avoid a late fee, please cancel services one business day prior to the scheduled event. Any client who cancels afterwards will be charged for all scheduled labor and equipment.
- Equipment is billed on a 24-hour basis.
- Equipment not returned on time is billed at the daily rental rate for the late period. If extra labor attempts are required to retrieve the equipment, there will be a charge per attempt or for the total accumulated hours.
- Over the weekend, will-call equipment may be picked up after 3:00 pm on Friday and returned by 10:00 am on Monday and be charged for only one day.